Chicken pesto pasta salad. Easy and delicious bowtie pasta with chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and pesto sauce. Using homemade pesto will taste even better, but it adds to prep time. Serve with crusty bread and salad for a quick dinner.
This chicken pesto pasta salad is quick, easy, and a great way to use up leftover chicken. The perfect make-ahead salad for summer entertaining. This basil pesto pasta salad was definitely a BIG hit at our house. You can cook Chicken pesto pasta salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken pesto pasta salad
- You need 3 cup of mixed salad leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 of a large cucumber.
- You need 1 of medium sliced onion.
- It’s 2 large of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 250 grams of cooked pasta of your choice.
- Prepare 1 of salt, pepper, thyme, paprika/chilli powder, chicken spice or any spices of your choice to season the chicken.
- You need 1 of tsp lemon juice (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of crushed garlic.
- It’s 1 of bit of oil to toss pasta, and a few tbsp of butter to cook chicken.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of pesto.
This makes a large batch, and my husband ate ALL OF IT over a few days. This chicken pesto pasta salad is light, healthy and packed with the perfect pesto flavor! Great for BBQs, brunches, baby showers & more! The combination of flavors in this pesto chicken salad is seriously to-die-for!
Chicken pesto pasta salad step by step
- Mix salad ingredients together in a large serving bowl.
- Season chicken filets with spices, garlic and lemon juice. Grill in some butter until cooked..
- Toss cooked pasta with some oil, and then mix in about 6 tbsp of pesto..
- Slice cooked chicken in half lengthways, and then slice again into thin slices.
- Mix chicken and pasta together.
- Lastly, mix together chicken and pasta, together with salad. You can add extra seasonings, salad oil, dressings, feta, olives or any garnishing of your choice. Serve warm or cold..
It's so easy to throw together and can be eaten as both a main or side dish. Combine the chicken, garlic, salt, and pepper, cooking until chicken is browned. Then, mix in the heavy cream, parmesan, and pesto, stirring until evenly Toss in the pasta and cherry tomatoes, stirring until evenly coated. To serve, sprinkle parmesan cheese and basil on top! Super easy pasta salad- wonderful for any thing from a brunch to a summer dinner.