Tuna Pasta Salad. This Tuna Pasta Salad with shell noodles, peas, tuna, celery, and Greek yogurt is fast, healthy, and a dish your whole family can enjoy! This healthy tuna pasta salad recipe is tasty, filling, and great for a light summer meal. It's a fabulous make-ahead pasta salad that's perfect for gatherings like potlucks or BBQs.
I love pasta salads and I'm a big tuna salad fan, so this classic tuna pasta salad is something I can really enjoy. While this easy tuna macaroni salad is great for picnics and barbecues. My Tuna Pasta Salad is the perfect picnic lunch or anytime meal. You can have Tuna Pasta Salad using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tuna Pasta Salad
- Prepare 1 cup of whole wheat pasta (shape of choice).
- It’s 1 cup of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot, peeled and shredded.
- Prepare 1 can (5 oz.) of tuna, drained and flaked.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of finely diced red onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of Juice from 1 small lemon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of each salt, pepper, salt free all purpose seasoning.
Mustard and dill really add wonderful flair to the flavor of this simple salad. It's really very inexpensive to serve.—Pat Kordas, Nutley, New Jersey. Keep your tuna pasta salad in a sealed container so it doesn't absorb the flavors of the other things in the refrigerator. And if taking to a potluck, put ice packs in a cooler around it to keep it chilled!
Tuna Pasta Salad instructions
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. In the last two minutes of its cook time, stir in the peas. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water..
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, peas, carrots and onion. Drizzle in the oil and lemon juice, then add the seasonings. Toss it all together, then stir in the tuna, so it stays in larger chunks..
- That's it! Let it chill in a covered container in the fridge until you're ready to eat. This will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days..
Tuna Macaroni Salad – Easy Pasta Salad Recipe – I Heart Recipes. How to Make Cold Tuna Pasta Salad – Quick and Easy Food! This Tuna Pasta Salad recipe is my riff on Garduno's restaurant pasta salad. Gardunos is my favorite little local Italian spot, and they make an amazing Italian tuna pasta salad that my family has loved. How do you make Tuna Pasta Salad?