Spicy sausage and pepper pasta (healthy version). After the peppers and onions have softened, return the sliced sausage to the pot along with the diced tomatoes, basil For a little healthier twist, we sometimes substitute hot chicken sausage instead of regular sausage and pair it. These healthy sausage recipes use chicken and turkey sausage. Both are much leaner than pork Sausage Orecchiette Pasta.
Savory sausage and sweet red peppers are a winning combination! You are going to go nuts over this sausage and peppers pasta with spicy sausage, sweet sun dried peppers, and capers! Cook pasta according to package instructions. You can cook Spicy sausage and pepper pasta (healthy version) using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy sausage and pepper pasta (healthy version)
- Prepare 1 pack of is Italian sausage (2-3 lbs).
- It’s 3-4 of red peppers chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- You need of Olive oil for sautéing.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can crushed tomatoes.
- You need 3-4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 box of Dreamfields pasta 13.5 oz.
- Prepare 1 (8 oz) of pack low fat cream cheese.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare to taste of Red crushed pepper flakes.
- You need of Fresh parsley for garnish.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pasta tossed in a simple sausage, tomato, and spinach sauce is a perfect weeknight meal. I make it a little healthier using whole wheat pasta, low-sodium chicken broth, and spicy Italian turkey sausage. We actually like the turkey sausage better than regular sausage.
Spicy sausage and pepper pasta (healthy version) instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add sausage onto greased on sheet and cook for 30 min. Then flip and cook for another 10 min until golden brown.
- Meanwhile sauté the chopped veggies and garlic in olive oil until soft..
- Add the can of crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, and seasoning. Bring to a boil and add pasta.
- While pasta is cooking dice up the cooked sausage and add in. The last 2 min of the pasta cooking, add the cream cheese to sit on top of dish to soften. Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese and chopped parsley. Enjoy!.
Spicy Sausage and Pepper Pasta-this colorful pasta dish is easy to make and full of flavor! I am very pregnant and not in the mood to cook on most days. While I was reading a book on the couch, Josh made Spicy Sausage and Pepper Pasta. Italian sausages cooked with bell peppers, sweet onions, crushed tomatoes, and garlic. Served on a hoagie roll or over pasta or polenta.